Monday, September 30, 2013

Blast From The Past

The Most Loved In All The World: a story of freedom by Tonya C. Hegamin, illustrated by Cozbi A. Cabrera. This children's book tells a compelling story in a way small children can comprehend. It might raise some worry or concern but the tenderness is clear. Focusing on the love, a caregiver or teacher can help a child understand why a mother would send her child away to freedom. Ms. Cabrera's illustrations are impressive. The colors are vibrant and warm, and her images translate the urgency and passion of the undertaking. Ms. Hegamin measures up, too. Writing isn't easy for any writer but for the children's writer, the challenge is even greater. The language has to be precise and accessible. The writer has to have a keen awareness of how children process language and information. Ms. Hegamin's has that skill. I am so glad I read this. I'll be sharing it often with as many readers as possible.

2 comments:

  1. Liz, you are my first reader! Of course, I shouldn't be surprised. Thank you. I wish I could tell me how much having you here means to me.

    ReplyDelete

This is an interactive site. Let's talk books.